1. How do I know the import is safe with WP Ultimate CSV Importer?
WP Ultimate CSV Importer provides safety options to configure before importing data. Enable maintenance mode and roll back to the previous state if any issues occur. Then duplicate handling to prevent your site from adding duplicating content.
2. How can I make sure the import is successful?
Import data into WordPress with WP Ultimate CSV Importer first. Then check the imported records in both admin and web view to confirm the import success.
3. How to import bulk images as CSV in WordPress?
4. How to handle Types Custom Fields Import in WordPress?
5. How to import Google Sheets Data to WordPress?
6. What are the minimum settings required for normal faster import?
Basic System Requirements are necessary to upload a CSV with a bulk of records. Check your System Requirements from the Settings option. Select Security and then Performance on CSV Importer plugin settings tab. Then increase the system requirements values mentioned in the plugin.
7. Why do I get a freeze page? Why do CSV file uploads fail? What are the reasons for import to break?
The import may hang due to the following reasons:
8. Why are my featured images not getting uploaded?
Enable WP-Cron to import images. Then uploads images in the background for faster performance using this importer. For while it may look like images are not there until the background process completes. Now configure WP-Cron for smooth and speedy import.
9. Can I import the images with the image name?
No, you can’t. WP Ultimate CSV Importer allows importing the images into your WordPress Media Library. Use the public accessible image URL in your CSV/XML file, to complete the import.
10. Why is Bulk-import stuck in the middle of the process? How to achieve this?
If your max_execution_time value in the php.ini file is less, the import will get stuck in the middle. To avoid this problem, better set the max_execution_time value to 0 in your php.ini file.
11. How to import users? Why did the entire user list skip on import?
Give values for the user_email and user_login fields in the user's section. Because these two fields are mandatory fields for WordPress. It will get skipped in case you miss any field in your CSV file values.
12. How to import images?
Enable WP-CRON to upload images. WP Ultimate CSV Importer New version imports the images separately. It reduces the import time. You can learn more about WP-CRON and its setting up using How to enable & Configure WP-Cron.
13. Why are fatal errors triggered during the installation of the PRO version?
WP Ultimate CSV Importer PRO and FREE runs independently. Moreover, it doesn’t need other plugins to work. Deactivate FREE version before Activating the PRO version.
14. Does the CSV Importer plugin work on multisite?
Yes, WP Ultimate CSV Importer works on multi-site. But it requires independent activation. Activate the WP Ultimate CSV Importer plugin in each installation separately. Note that Network Activate will not import the records.
15. Is there any limitation on file size?
The size of the file depends on the Upload size of your server configuration. The upload_max_filesize should be at least 2M. You can verify your system values in settings → security and performance.
16. Why does the import button doesn’t get enabled?
Enable the Import button only after uploading the CSV file. If not enabled, verify whether the file is in UTF-8 format.
17. How to import posts in multiple languages?
Import posts in multiple languages by using WPML. In WPML set an additional field in your csv file for language and provide the language code.
18. Why are images not displayed after successful import of post?
Image gets uploaded in a background process for smooth and fast import. Remember to enable WP Cron in your server before starting the process.
19. Why am I getting empty headers in the mapping section?
The issue is due to the improper naming of the CSV. The filename should not contain spaces or any special characters. You can separate each word of your file name with hyphen(-) or underscore.
20. Why do I get a blank page after uploading my CSV?
The blank page is due to improper file permissions. The /wp-content/uploads folder requires 755 permission.
21. What is the supported post_date format?
The importer supports almost all the date formats. We use the PHP Functions to read the date format in the CSV files. The conversion of the date depends on the date format set on the Server and the CSV File parameters. It uses the current date will for two conditions. If the date doesn’t fit into any of the standard formats used across the globe. Or if any part of the date string is missing.
22. Why am I getting a blank page in the mapping section?
A black page in the mapping section occurs on these conditions. If the low ‘memory_limit’ or ‘post_max_size’ value in php.ini server configuration. The minimum memory_limit need to be 99M and post_max_size need to be 10M. If the uploaded file size is huge then you need to increase it further.
23. How to increase the “upload_max_filesize”?
Increase Upload_max_filesize in either two ways. By overwriting the value in a custom php.ini file or you can get support from your hosting provider.
24. Why uploading a CSV with 10,000 lines goes through “Processing'' and doesn’t create a single post?
This is due to some error in the CSV file. You can check the following cases: