SugarCRM Duplicate Merger extension allows you to prevent duplicate records entering into your CRM data. It works on the principle of Find and Merge rule, which helps to maintain your CRM data clean without a single duplicate in your CRM. It periodically detects all your duplicates based on your cron time without any manual intervention. Sugar Duplicate Merger gives complete control over the find and merge action.
- Grab your package from My Account page and unzip the downloaded zip file. You will find to folders Import and Install.
- Login to your SugarCRM, click on the Admin → Developer Tools → Module Loader.
- Upload the Sugar_Duplicate_Merger.Zip inside the Import folder and click on Install button to install your package.
- Once you installed successfully, move the install.zip file(find it in the Install folder) to your SugarCRM root folder and unzip it.
Configuration for Sugar Duplicate Merge
After installation, you need to define the duplicate check and merge rules.
- Choose the required module from the ‘Duplicate Check Rule For’ dropdown.
- You can also enable and disable the duplicate check for individual modules.
Define find and merge rule
Setup your Duplicate detection rule to find duplicates in your SugarCRM.
- You can define the primary fields to find and merge.
- icon to check for duplicate record.
- icon to merge the information from the duplicate record.
- Choose any number of fields as primary field to find and merge the duplicates.
- Finally, click on the Save button.
Duplicate Check and Merge
You can check and merge all your duplicates by manually as well as automatically.
Manual Instant check
Once you configure the primary fields to find the duplicate, SugarCRM lets you to detect duplicates based on the selected primary field. While you create or update the records, the duplicate merger instantly pops out an alert if a duplicate is detected.
Automated check and merge
Check and merge the duplicates automatically based on Cron time.
Duplicate check across modules
SugarCRM Duplicate Merger, lets you check for duplicates across your SugarCRM. You can check the duplicates across different modules like Accounts, Leads and Contacts.