Smart Duplicate Merger Module For Vtiger CRM
Smart Vtiger Duplicate Merger– Check & Merge is a tool for Vtiger CRM that keeps your CRM optimized without duplicates. It detects real-time duplicates at the instant of record creation and update. It also handles duplicate created with Webform entries and bulk import with cron that runs frequently in the background. The Admin and salesman with the access to the Smart Vtiger Duplicate Merger module has complete control over the supported Vtiger modules by defining the find and merge fields separately.
Smart Vtiger Duplicate Merger – Check & Merge can help you ensure that your CRM data is clean and error-free by automating duplicate detection periodically with CRON and real-time duplicate checks with user alerts.
Features of Smart Duplicate Merger
- Define your own primary fields to find and merge duplicates of the supported Vtiger modules.
- Enable/Disable duplicate checking for specific modules.
- Frequent bulk duplicate detection with cron.
- Real-time duplicate detection in edit view and quick create.
- Define primary record to find and merge in real-time duplicate detection.
- Instantly check for duplicates with the primary fields of find in real-time detection.
- Merge the fields to prevent data loss.
- Simple user interface with default Vtiger module block view.
Supported Vtiger CRM Modules
- Trouble Tickets
- Service Contracts
- Project Milestones
- Project Tasks
Installation & Configuration for Duplicate Merger
- Download the package from your My Account page.
- Extract the Vtiger_Smart_Duplicate_Merger.zip file.
- In the extracted Import folder, you can find a zip SmartDuplicateMerger.zip.
- Upload the zip in your Vtiger CRM as you for do for the usual module import.
Module Settings is the configurations area of Smart Duplicate Merger that have the option to define the modules to check for duplicates and specify the primary fields for each supported modules to find and merge duplicates.
- Choose your required module to define the primary fields in the ‘Duplicate Check Rule For’ dropdown.
- You can enable/disable the selected module to check for duplicates.
Define find & merge rule
Setting up a proper duplicate detection rule is the smart way to remove bad data in your CRM. The duplicate in the CRM is detected with the ‘AND’ rule.
- You can define the primary fields to find and merge the duplicates.
- icon to assign the field as primary field to find the duplicate record.
- icon to assign the field as primary field to merge the information from the duplicate record.
- You can choose any number of fields to be primary fields to find and merge duplicates.
- If all the selected fields of the record has exactly two identical records then the record is detected as duplicate. Even if one of the field fails to match the existing record then the record will be considered as a unique record.
- After choosing the primary fields to find & merge, click on Save.
Manual Check & Merge
Real-time checks in Edit View and Quick Create
Most of the duplicate detection tools detect duplicates only with the concept of the ‘AND’ rule based on the configured primary fields in the settings. The real-time duplicate detection feature alerts the user on the instant of creation or update of record.
Create or update the record in the edit view or quick create. If the field has exactly same entry in previous records for the primary field configured in the module settings, an alert pops-up to warn the salesman creating or updating the record.
You can skip the warning if the record has to be created with the same exact information. After creating or updating the record you can also check with the ‘AND’ rule to eliminate the exact same match if the warnings are rejected in hurry without proper notice. The ‘Find Duplicate’ button detects the duplicate record that matches the current record in edit view. The merge feature merges the information from the other record into this current editing record preventing data loss.
Automated Check and Merge in Vtiger CRM
After the module settings configuration the duplicates are detected for the existing records based on the cron runtime. The cron executes frequently to check duplicate records created with Webforms and bulk imports. The duplicate detection is with ‘AND’ rule. If two records have identical information for the configured primary fields in the settings module.
- For cron setup add the following entry in your crontab
- Ensure that localhost/vtigercrm is changed to your Vtiger CRM URL
- If the cron is not properly configured then the module will not check for duplicates.