To improve the simplicity of WP Ultimate CSV Importer 3.5 Plugin, now upgrade to WP Ultimate CSV Importer 3.6. Version 3.6 has many major changes in user interface keeping all newbies in mind. Our new release has also supports additional third party plugin such as Market Press along with wooCommerce, eshop, etc.
This tutorial describes how to use WP eCommerce module in our WP Ultimate CSV Importer. It also explains how to import csv file and how to do mapping configuration without enabling auto mapping by simple step by step procedure.
How to enable WP Commerce module in WP Ultimate CSV Importer
Initially users need to configure the settings tab. Here are some steps to enable WP eCommerce module.
- After activating our WP Ultimate CSV Importer plugin, goto “Settings” tab
- Select “Third Party Plugins” and enable “WP eCommerce”
- Click “Save” button to save the settings.
How to upload CSV file
Goto “WP eCommerce” module. You can upload csv file by four ways. You can follow any of the method to upload your csv file.
- From computer
This is the simplest way. You can directly upload the csv file from your computer. Click “Browse” button and select the csv file from your computer.
- From FTP
You can also upload the file directly from your FTP server. Provide FTP host, port, username, password and URL for the file. Click “Download” button to import the specified file.
- From URL
Here you can upload the file by specifying URL of the file. After that click “Download” button.
- From already uploaded
If you want to use already uploaded file, goto the path and select the file
After upload the csv file by any of the methods, select the delimiter. It may be ,(comma) or ;(semicolon). For our sample csv file, the delimiter will be ;(semicolon). The default delimiter is ,(comma). Click “Next” button to complete the uploading process.
How to perform mapping?
In “Mapping Configuration”, select the post status from the dropdown menu. Then perform mapping with all the field attributes. All wordpress fields are selected from the drop down in mapping configuration. Each field is mentioned in user friendly field tags. Field tags are self explanatory and easy to understand even for new users. All other fields are optional that set to default as in wordpress. For example in csv file, if the header name is post_title, select the attribute as post_title in wordpress field.
Advanced auto mapping feature
Auto mapping feature replace the CSV headers with relevant auto map headers and save it to use as a template csv file. Wordpress Ultimate CSV Importer Plugin can identify these headers and automatically map your fields with relevant wordpress fields.
- After performed mapping, click “Next” button
How to import CSV file
- If you want to delete the duplicate post content and title, enable the corresponding checkbox
- Provide number of import per server record. Example: 1, 2, 3, etc. If it is 2, it imports the record two times.
- Provide the specific number of records to import from your file. Example: 3, 1-5, etc. If its 3, it import the third record from your file. If its 1-5, it imports first five record from your file.
- Click “Import Now” button to import the records from your CSV file
Now goto “Products” menu in WP-Admin panel to view the imported products from the csv file
Your uploaded csv files are mapped with wordpress field attributes and products are created based on the records in your csv file.