This tutorial shows how to install and how to use Smart Duplicate Merger application on your VTiger CRM by simple step by step procedure.
I. Plugin Installation
- Login to your VTiger CRM
- Go to CRM Settings and click Modules
- Click “Install from File” to import a Smart Duplicate Merger module.
- Select “Import.zip” file from our plugin and click “Import” button. If you stuck with any warnings, please read the warning carefully. Because importer will show warnings in some cases.
- Then click “Yes” to import.
- Click “Finish” button.
- Now the module is available under All >> Tools Menu.
- Upload and extract “Install.zip” file from our plugin in your VTiger CRM Root directory.
- Now goto All >> Tools >> SmartDuplicateMerger module.
- For the first time click the Install link to complete the installation.
Now the module is installed successfully. You can create profile and do mapping for the required modules
Some reasons to occur warnings
i. If file is missing in the upload file field. So be sure while you click the import button as zip file is selected or not.
ii. If already exist in the same file name. So you can update the existing file.
II. How to Use
How to Active/Inactive necessary module
- In default all modules are enabled. You can enable/disable the necessary module by click the checkbox under “Active/Inactive”.
- Exclude the unnecessary modules in Smart Duplicate Merge
- If you want to delete conflicts while merging, enable “Delete Conflict” field. This will be common for all the modules such as contacts, leads, products etc.
- If you want to select “Assigned To” as match field (to delete duplicates) in contacts, leads etc, enable “Check Assigned To” field. This also will be common for all the modules.
Step 1 : Edit Profile and input fields for duplicate search
- Click profile icon for a particular module to create input fields
- Profile options are shown in the right column
- Select the input fields to delete conflicts and click the top double arrow button to move to the right box
- Use Ctrl and Shift for multiple selection of input field
- Also you can select and remove using bottom arrow button from right box
- Smart duplicate search will find only based on these input search fields
- You can add, edit and alter at anytime to modify the smart search rule
- Once the input fields are added click next button to map fields need to be merged
Step 2 : Field Mapping and Profile Saving
- Now you can see the field mapping options for step 2
- Select the required fields for merging and move it to the right box
- Only fields selected here are mapped by VTiger Smart Merger module
- Selected fields from duplicate instances are mapped and values are matched to a primary record by a simple smart rule
- First record is considered as primary and others are secondary records
- If any empty fields are found in selected primary record, it is replaced by the mapped field values from duplicated entries automatically
- You can select all important and essential fields that are required for mapping
- Note that too many fields selected for mapping will slow down the entire process
- It depends on server performance, hosting and data size.
Step 3 : To Setup Cron
- For cron setup add the following entry in your crontab
- * * * * wget -o /dev/null -q -O /dev/null http://localhost/vtigercrm-social/SmartDuplicateMergerCron.php 2>&1
- Ensure that localhost/vtigercrm is changed to your vitger crm URL
Smart Duplicate Merge Log
- Goto “Logs” menu in SmartDuplicateMerger plugin.
- This will show you the Smart Duplicate Merger logs based on match field and merge option of each modules.
- Use search, custom view filters and pagination to short out the available log.
- You can also edit/delete the generated log records.
- You can add new log record by using “Add Record”.
- Click “Add Record”. Then it leads to open “creating new smartDuplicateMerger”.
- Provide the required details and click “Save” button.
- Now newly added log record is updated in “Logs” menu.
- After generated the logs, Goto your VTiger Modules such as contacts, products etc.
- It shows all records with merged content and without any conflicts.
- Ensure that VTiger Cron is configured properly to Smart Duplicate Merger and scheduler work as expected.
- Module will consider only a record with same assigned user as duplicate
- If two duplicates are find out, then first record acts as a primary record. Remaining records are considered as secondary. If the primary record has no values in a field and the secondary record has value in it, then secondary record value will be merged with the primary record field value. If there is no match found, then it is considered as conflict (User can find the conflicts in log) else record will be merged and deleted.