CSV Importer now incorporates the data import and export support for the Meta Box plugin. This release of CSV Importer Free is absolutely a treat for Meta Box plugin users. Free up yourself to learn the complete feature included in this release on this article.
Meta Box: What is it?
Meta Box is a WordPress plugin and framework that lets you create Custom fields and Custom Meta Boxes inside any WordPress Custom Post Type. You can assign custom fields to your WordPress posts, pages, custom post types, forms, etc., It offers 40+ field types like text, checkbox, file uploads, etc., You can have control over the code and customize them upon your need. This plugin is compatible with WordPress Multisite. It has 700,000+ active installs and 4.9-star ratings. Meta Box is designed specifically for developers; the codes are lightweight and open-source. Meta Box offers free and premium extensions to extend the custom fields functionality. Visit Meta Box Official site for more.
Features of Meta Box Plugin
- Lets you create any type of custom fields or metadata to add to WordPress
- Supports 40+ builtin custom fields
- Developer friendly plugin
- Integrates with any themes and plugins
- Compatible with WPML
- And way more
How to create Custom Fields with the Meta Box plugin?
Creating Custom Fields with Meta Box is different when compared to other Custom Fields plugins. Meta Box has an online code generator tool that lets you create custom fields painlessly. You can use the tool to create a set of codes that are generated from selecting the field types. Then you can use the generated code inside the themes file to make the custom fields visible inside WordPress. Read below to learn how to create custom fields with Meta Box plugin.
Step 1: Generate code using Online Generator
After installing the Meta Box plugin in WordPress, the next step is to generate the online code.
- Go to https://metabox.io/online-generator/
- In the Fields tab, the custom fields are grouped under Basic, Advanced, WordPress, Upload, and Layout categories.
- The Basic category has field types like Button, Checkbox, Checkbox List, Email, Hidden, Number, Password, Radio, Range, Select, Select Advanced, Text, Textarea, and URL.
- Advanced Category field types: Autocomplete, Color Picker, Date, Date Time, Fieldset Text, Google Maps, Image Select, oEmbed, Slider, Text List, Time, and WYSIWYG.
- The WordPress category field types are Post, Taxonomy, Taxonomy Advanced, and User.
- Field Types such as File, File Advanced, File Input, Image, Image Advanced, and video are inside the Upload category. Field types like Divider, and Heading are inside the Layout.
- From the Fields tab, choose the essential fields from these categories by simply clicking them to add them on the right side to generate the code.
- Switch to the Settings tab and configure settings like Field group title, Post types, position, etc.,
- After you have finished the setup, click ‘Generate Code’.
- It will generate a list of codes which are like below.
Step 2: Add generated code inside your Themes in WordPress
Copy the generated code and visit your WordPress website to paste it.
- Move to the ‘Appearance’ menu.
- Select ‘Theme File Editor’.
- Visit the ‘functions.php’ file of your child theme.
- At the end of the file, paste the copied code.
- Once done, click ‘Update file’.
CSV Importer Import Export support for Meta Box fields
WP Ultimate CSV Importer Free now supports Meta Box plugin fields data import and export. The free version supports importing and exporting data of all Basic fields and Advanced fields(except Google Map, Image, Select, and Slider) created with Meta Box. Let’s see how to import and export Meta Box fields data with WP Ultimate CSV Importer.
Meta Box Import with CSV Importer
WP Ultimate CSV Importer plugin imports data through files like CSV and XML. So to import your data to Meta Box fields, create CSV files with values in proper formats. You can refer to our documentation for Meta Box to know how to include values in CSV or XML while preparing your file. Follow the below points to import CSV/XML data into Meta Box fields.
- Upload the prepared CSV or XML file into WP Ultimate CSV Importer.
- Choose the post type from the dropdown.
- Map the CSV headers correctly. Make sure to map fields in the ‘Meta Box Fields’ widget.
- Configure the Media Handling section to import external images.
- Click ‘Start Import’. The import will begin and be completed within a few minutes.
- Once the import is complete, you will get a result like this.
- Verify the import completed by checking the ‘View logs’.
- Check your import in Admin view and Web view.
Quick Export your Meta Box data
You can export your post types along with Meta Box fields data with the CSV Importer plugin. If you are using the free version, install the Export WordPress Data with Advanced Filters add-on to access the export feature. Export features are limited for the free version. If you need more features go for WP Ultimate CSV Importer Premium.
You can export data of your Meta Box fields along with supported Post Types. Just move to the Export tab, choose the module and give the file name. Then click export and download the CSV file of your Meta Box fields data.
Download For free
If you are new to CSV Importer, download our free plugin from the WordPress.org CSV Importer page. Otherwise, you are our beloved user, help yourself to update the plugin by visiting the Plugin page on your WordPress dashboard.
More features available in CSV Importer Pro
Not satisfied with limited free features, get the pro version of the CSV Importer plugin to unlock more features. The pro version supports most of the Meta Box fields. To know the supported fields, please check CSV Importer plugin documentation for Meta Box.
Write to us your feedback
Are you excited about the new feature? Let us know your feedback. Write to us your feedback and queries for any technical help or customization.
New WP Ultimate CSV Importer release with support for 12 languages
We are pleased to announce that WP Ultimate CSV Importer Free & Pro has been released with 12 languages support!. Hurry up to update the new version of plugin via your WordPress Dashboard or download it from wordpress.org
Language translation for Internationalization
Internationalizing a plugin typically means making it available for translations, multiple languages and geo locations. The plugin gets translated to the language you set up in your WP Admin >> General Settings. That is, once you install the plugin, it’ll be translated to the default WordPress website language.
The plugin will translate if only the languages are:
- French (fr_FR)
- English (en_GB)
- Italian (it_IT)
- Spanish (es_ES)
- German (de_DE)
- English (en_CA)
- Japanese (ja)
- Russian (ru_RU)
- Dutch (nl_NL)
- Turkish (tr_TR)
- English (en_ZA)
- French (fr_BE)
Benefits for Non-English speakers
If you talk to a man in a language he understands, that goes to his head.
If you talk to a man in his language, that goes to his heart. – Nelson Mandela
Only 20% of the earth’s population speaks english as a language. Most of them are non-native speakers. Our plugin users can now use the plugin in their own language. This can give them a feel of using their native plugin. And you can also search for WP Ultimate CSV Importer plugin in your language for installing in your WordPress site.
Help by translating the plugin
If you’re a translator interested in translating our plugin. Create an account in wordpress.org and join the wordpress translator community here at https://translate.wordpress.org/. You can help many people around the world who are using our plugin by translating this plugin. Join the:
- French Translation Team – fr_FR
- English(British) Translation Team – en_GB
- Italian Translation Team – it_IT
- Spanish Translation Team – es_ES
- German Translation Team – de_DE
- English(Canadian) Translation Team – en_CA
- Japanese Translation Team – ja
- Russian Translation Team – ru_RU
- Dutch Translation Team – nl_NL
- Turkish Translation Team – tr_TR
- English(South African) Translation Team – en_ZA
- French(Belgium) Translation Team – fr_BE
For more info read the translator handbook.
Update the Plugin Now
You can update the plugin directly from the WordPress Admin dashboard. Search for “WP Ultimate CSV Importer” inside the search box of Plugins page. Click on the ‘update now’ link to upgrade to the plugin’s new version. Before you update, please ensure to take backup of your website. If you’re new to the plugin, install WP Ultimate CSV Importer from wordpress.org.
Post your Feedback
Share your feedback about this plugin. That you can let us know how we could improve the plugin even better. We’re eager to hear from you. Write to us on [email protected] if you want to know more about the plugin or if you have any questions. Thank you for using WP Ultimate CSV Importer!
CSV Importer Pro 6.5: WP Job Manager Compatibility
WP Job Manager is a free WordPress plugin that has the magic to turn out your normal WordPress website into a Job Board. Generally, a Job board means a website that lists open job positions. By creating a few new pages and embedding shortcodes inside them, you can get your job portal live.
Job seekers can add their resumes and apply for jobs. While the recruiters can post their jobs in listings so that, job seekers can find and apply for any one of them. You can publish jobs for your own company or you can earn money by letting other companies post their jobs on your website. WP Job manager have Compatibility to export the jobs details.
Features of Job Manager plugin
- It lets you add, & manage job listings and also categorize them.
- Adds forms in frontend for guest users to submit and manage job listings
- Option to preview job listing for job listers
- Filter jobs option for applicants
- Logged in employers can view, edit, delete, or mark filled the active jobs
In WP Ultimate CSV Importer Pro 6.5, we have added import, export, and update support for the WP Job Manager plugin Compatibility. You can now import, update and export Listings data. If you are a free user, you can also enjoy using this feature in our Free plugin. The CSV Importer pro version offers a scheduling import & export process feature. You can get more additional features via purchasing the CSV Importer plugin.
How to import Listings?
First of all, you need to prepare a proper CSV or XML file that contains jobs data. CSV Importer plugin doesn’t limit you to importing a few data. You can import unlimited data using our plugin. To know how to include values in a CSV file refer to CSV Importer documentation.
- Prepare a CSV or XML file
- Upload the file in the CSV Importer plugin.
- Choose ‘job_listing’ option from dropdown
- Map all CSV headers to import properly to the corresponding fields.
- Use media handling to import external URLs
- Press ‘Import’ to quickly import listings to WordPress.
How to export Listings data?
WP Ultimate CSV Importer Premium pack supports exporting feature. If you are a free user, you can export Listings data using the Exporter addon. For exporting any data from the WordPress website, you need to switch to the Export tab.
- Choose the ‘job_listing’ option from Custom Posts
- Give a file name and choose a file type
- Use advanced filters to filter and export particular data
- Hit ‘Export’ to export Listings data from WordPress
- Finally download the file to your computer
Your feedback is all we need
Have you tried importing or exporting Listings data with CSV Importer Pro 6.5? Did you notice any issues? Or if you want to add something new as a feature, feel free to write to us at [email protected]. We would be glad to hear from you.