Importing an xml file in WP Advanced Importer is very easy process. This tutorial describes how to import post, page and custom post xml file and also describes how to perform mapping configuration by simple steps.
- Download the WP Advanced Importer plugin file version 1.2.1
- Extract the files and insert it into wp-content/plugin directory.
- Go to WordPress and activate the plugins and the page is like this.
For easy to import CSV use WP Ultimate CSV Importer
It is a robust tool designed to help you make your website development easy. Through advanced features like update, schedule, drag & drop mapping, duplicate handling, export and much more included.
How to Get a XML File
- Click on Tools in WordPress, it is placed in the left side of the windows.
- Click Export in tools options.
- Choose the list what you want to export.
- Select ‘Download Export File’ button to export the xml file.
How to import a XML file
- Select the WP Advanced Importer plugin link.
- Browse your xml file and upload it.
- You can select post, page, custom post or all the three fields.
- Click next to import the xml file.
How to map a XML file in WordPress fields
You can do mapping by selecting the wordpress fields in “Post Mapping Configuration” tab. Then click next button to save the mapping fields.
a) Post Mapping Configuration
b) Page Mapping Configuration
c) Custom Post Mapping Configuration
After perform mapping. Go to “Import option Settings” tab
- If you want to delete the duplicate post content and title, enable the corresponding check box.
- Provide number of import per server record. Example: 1, 2, 3, etc. If it is 2, it imports the record two times.
Click “Import Now” button to import the records from your xml file.
Next go to Posts you will get the Post page. Now you can able to see your posts are added in the post page.
Next go to Pages you will get the Page. Now you can able to see your pages are added in the page.
Next go to Movies you will get the Movie page. Now you can able to see your Custom posts are added in the movie page.